Kindofmind was nominated for a Liebster Award. It’s like a shout-out from a fellow blogger to support what you’re doing and encourage you to do more of it. The rules, and the folks who I am nominating, are below, comment with any questions!
After you receive a nomination and accept taking on the award you then must:
Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thank you to Sally at Passport & Plates)
Create a blog post on your site and display the Liebster award logo
Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 new bloggers for the Liebster Award
Give your nominees a list of 11 questions they have to answer to keep the love going
Notify the nominees
Post your Liebster award blog post link in the comments column of the blogger who nominated you
Questions, from the lovely Sally at Passport & Plates:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I love to write, and I have always thought about becoming a writer.
2. If you could live in any country in the world, where would it be and why?
Sydney, Australia; my heart’s been calling me there, and I think I will answer her call!
3. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Casablanca, it’s an all-time favorite by many for a good reason. I love the travel piece woven into the story line, I like the action scenes, and I never get tired of listening to all the love scenes, and the writing is fabulous!
4. What books / music are you currently reading / listening to?
Fleetwood Mac’s Greatest Hits album is currently spinning in my record player, and I have been loving “Hello” by Adele, “If I Loved You” by Delta Rae, and enjoying a lot of fun pop music. Books, I reread the 1st Harry Potter, while I was in Egypt, so may continue down that path again.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
I love this so much, I got it tattooed on my body, with my sister:
“here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
6. What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
“You can say anything you want, as long as you say it with a smile,” my mom, before heading to work for my first big girl job (busgirl at an Irish restaurant), and it’s been working ever since.
7. What is your biggest goal / dream?
My biggest goal and dream, I would like to own a house and some land and travel properly ( 1-2 months at a stretch, overseas), have created my dream life and job, made a fortune doing it, have tons of children and husband who adores me, pretty standard.
8. What impact would you like to have on others?
When I die, I hope others say, “She reminded me to live”. That’s it, if I can inspire someone to stretch out of their comfort zone, or do more than they said they would or thought they could, I’d be happy!
9. What book or film has had the biggest impact on your life?
“The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I feel like I am living this story a lot, where a boy leaves his planet and his love (a flower) to explore the world. It’s beautiful, when he learns, at the end, the best stuff is found at home.
10. What is your dream job?
I would like to travel and write as a career, but also help others. I adore mental health, I love research, so I realize I would do well as a psychologist. I love teaching yoga, inspiring others, performing on stage, so something involving public speaking, lots of travel, writing, helping others, and keeps me in shape, I am all in, but the most important thing is that I am happy.
11. Last meal on earth – what would it be?
anything cooked by my mom, but I would definitely go for an assortment of Indian food, which is my all-time favorite. Queens kid, all the way, such a treat.
- The Good Thing Comin’
- Mountain Mama Online
- Amsterdam & Beyond
- Cozy Little House
- Carrie Hilgert
- Her Happy Home
- GLITCHY Artist
- Taraleigh Loves You
- High Flying, Adored
- Wise Mommies
Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- Do you share your blog with family members? Why or why not?
- What’s your dream travel destination and why?
- What post are you most proud of?
- If you could change anything in one instant, what would you change?
- What is the perfect day, in your eyes?
- What does success look like to you?
- What would your dream job be?
- Do you write to a specific audience? Where does your muse come from?
- Tell us a fun fact about you.